• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Count Drew

General
12 Badges
Jan 14, 2003
Visit site
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
(Forgive the historical inaccurate and lack of detail I cannot get my screenshots...and I have installed Pop Demand 6.2, when I can get things to work in my Win7 proper and such I might add in some of my exploits in 3-d)

Whilst General Houston dreamed up several times of how to free his nation from the clutches of the Talons of the Mexican Eagle, all were failures. In his mind, defeating the armies of Santa Ana would be impossible, outnumbering his own five times over. Not only, leaving his own nation vulnerable if any other solution was possible. None was but this!

Finally an Epiphany occurred in his mind, why would you defend the Alamo, why would you attempt to buy time and rely on the untrustworthy United States. Those who would start wars in Canada or throw Tea over ships for their freedom, wavering all long never truly believing in their cause. Texans believe in their Freedom, they are brave enough to take the fight to the enemy.

1836: Splitting his 6 thousand man Army into two, General Buie taking his flank and General Houston at the front, Marching South. Leaving the Alamo to burn. "To the Mountains Boys, to Freedom and Independence for your Wives and your Children" Flanking the Mexican Army along the way, Pincer Movement Crushes them as if they never existed!

Occupying the High ground over General Santa Ana and destroying all raw recruits building up in the Mexican Provinces along the way, destroying General Morales...Fire and Scorched Earth the policy. Santa Ana had to react with his 24,000 ill equipped and unpatriotic soldiers. To Fight uphill, the Mountains of Zacatecas in 1837 and 1838 were more unkind. Though behind enemy Lines!!! Merging his Armies Houston dug in behind rocks, crevices and boulders and conserved every last round of ammo. Do or Die! As did Cortez 3 centuries before, burn your bridge.........if you wish to win

"Aiming for the White of their eyes!" By this tedious process, enough ammo was conserved and what could be foraged from the local populace who wanted freedom from their oppressors...... Miracle! After wavering, after nearly losing two thousands of good hard fighting Texan boys, Santa Ana's Troops storm out, run for the plains!!!

Texas Independence, Marching upon him, Buie with his less inferior offensive power smashes into Santa Ana's beleaguered forces, all the way to the coast he's drive. Then the Demands!!!

When revisiting the Alamo, and reuniting the territory there with their True Owners, the carnage seen the Death of Legends. This is the Death Nail for the Mexicans!

It's over, the USA will not help Texas, capturing every last valued province in the North........The Mexican Army smashed to pieces! Texas gains independence, it's territories and Chihuahua/New Mexico. So never again will Mexico pose a threat to the New Fledgling Democracy.

President Houston now puts his mind upon rebuilding, and strengthening his Army... There are enemies everywhere but we will not stand back for Anything. To Jingoism to Independence, to our Rightful Place Underneath the Sun!

(my 4th try ever at Texas V2 with the Mods that make it harder... I'm now in 1870s and near the size of Canada, no reloads, not exploits no edits)